The Zugarramundi caves
“Sorginen Leizea” is an impressive superficial karst complex that owes its name to the pagan celebrations that used to take place in its galleries in old times. During the Inquisition, from 1609 to 1614, they were presented as evidence that acts of witchcraft were practiced in Zugarramundi.
The Zugarramurdi Caves are located less than 0’5 km from Zugarramundi in a westerly direction, on the old trail that used to lead from Zugarramundi to Sara.
The main cavity of the Zugarramundi Caves was pierced by a current of water, still flowing, called Regata del Infierno or “Infernuko Erreka” that crosses it, forming a tunnel. There are two higher galleries of similar orientation.